Margam Abbey (1147-1536)
Founded in 1147 by Robert, Earl of Gloucester, Margam Abbey was a Cistercian Abbey of the Mother House
Clairvaux - its dissolution came about in 1536 and was the first abbey to fall under the Dissolution of the Monastries by
King Henry VIII... Margam Abbey
Built for Sir Christopher Rice Mansel Talbot owner of the Margam Estate. This Tudor style mansion was built in the early 19th century and remained in use until the end of World War II.
Now a part of Margam Country Park owned and managed by Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council...
Capel Mair (c.1470)
The medieval chapel known as Hen Eglwys or Capel Mair stands on the east side of Margam woods on a grassy knoll below Graig Fawr at 107m OD.
Built c.1470 it appears to have served the local community who lived near to Margam Abbey; the Abbey Church being restricted to the monks...
The South Wales coastline around Kenfig & Porthcawl to include shipwrecks from 1583, tales of smuggling, wrecking/looting of
vessels ...Learn more
An assortment of local tales and supernatural occurances from around the Kenfig Borough - Learn of Phantom funerals,
Cwn Annwn, the Cyhiraeth, haunted pubs, ancient wells and local customs ...Learn more
Sker House & Maids of Sker
Learn of the history & turbulent past of Sker House together with its lovelorn maids
...Maids of Sker